7.26.2008

Cambrie Eden Merrifield





This is yesterday, July 25th, right after she was born, around 7:00pm at night. She was 8lbs 30zs. 20 inches long.


With her daddy in the hospital the next day.



We love her already, even though she stinks to the high heavens...she has sulfur gas.






Everything went so well. We are so blessed! Short version of the story....


Thursday 24th-8 days overdue:


10:00am-started having back labor


11:00pm-started active labor


Friday 25th-


1:00am-went walking with Will off and on till around 8:30 in the morning.


8:30am-went to the doctor and found out that I was 5cm dilated and 100% efaced-whoo hoo!


he told us to go over to the hospital.


9:00am-6cm dilated, doctor said to get epidural because of me being a V-BAC, was afraid my scar would rupture and they would need to do emergency C-section...Will and I thought about it for a while.


2:30pm-dilated to 9 cm. I was getting so tired, and my back was pretty sore from back labor. I was afraid that I would not be able to push her out...not to mention the scare from the doctor about getting the epidural. So i got the epidural. Good thing that I did. The doctor went in to check her and she had not decended...we had to wait for about three hours for her to come down.


probably at around 3:00pm we found out that I was dilated to 10cm.


5:30pm-started pushing. I was so tired that i was falling asleep while I was pushing. I had to literally slap my face over and over again to keep myself awake...pushed for about 45 min to an hour.


6:33pm Cambrie arrives! Yea!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will and Jess, Cambrie is so precious! I love her little pink bow. Jessica, you must be exausted. You did awesome! I hope you savor every moment with your new born Cambrie. I am so excited for all of you! Love, Tara

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!! She is adorable and look at you go on the labor and delivery. Good job Jess:) The picture of the girls holding her is priceless.

Making it to a 9, you were totally there. Good job. Back labor i've heard is the absolute worst. But she is totally worth it:) Get some sleep and post some more pics when you can.

Laura Jansson said...

Jessica, I just happened to find your blog through another friends! Congratulations on another beautiful little girl!!! :) Laura (Burnett) Jansson

Anonymous said...

ditto... she is beautiful! where did you get that name from? i love it, hope everythings going great! miss you guys...

Anonymous said...

Jessica you are amazing! she is so beautiful! If you need a babysitter,you know my number! CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Cambrie is BEAUTIFUL....but that is no surprise she joins two beautiful sister, a gorgeous mom and one very handsome father. What a wonderful family. We are so proud of you. Lots of love from the two of us!

Anonymous said...

I just left the comment that came up anonymous...I did not want that....it's me. Sister Hansen....you all make an absolutely wonderful family and we are so very happy and proud of both of you, Jess and Will. The girls are all beautiful. Congratulations and lots of love from both of us!

Michaelson Family said...

Seriously...what a labor story! She is beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Love you guys!

Brown Family said...

She is SUCH an ADORABLE newborn!! (and not all newborns are cute ;)).. Great job Jess! I told you that would be fine at the whole labor thing and look at you making it all the way til a 9 before the drugs! You rock! You must take after your big sis. ;) Ha Ha! Anyways...LOVE the name and you and Will make BEAUTIFUL children! Kisses and Hugs to everyone!

Tommy and Megan said...

Congratulations on a beautiful new baby and graduating!

Breanne said...

Yeah! You have a blog! And another girl! The pic of the girls holding her is adorable! Your family is beautiful! Congratulations to you!

Megan said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl!

Luke and Linds said...

Jess and Will. Sounds like you had quite the battle. Congrats!!! This is Luke and Lindsey Coats. It's been a long time. It's great to see your blog and know that your family is well. Lindsey and I just had our first baby 12 days ago. It was an amazing experience. Hope all is well.

Luke and Linds said...

I just realized our babys were born on the same day. Holy cow!! That's awesome. Ours is a boy. Maybe we could hook them up some day. I'm real happy for you guys.

Jenna Anderson said...

Congratulations Merrifields!!! We are so excited for you. I think I would have gone crazy being overdue!!! Hope that you are enjoying your sweet new angel and that the older girls are loving being big sisters! I am sure that is so cute! Take care!
Jenna

Kristy said...

Jessica--I found you on the Redders blog. Congratulations! Cambrie is beautiful. You are a trooper. You've always been tough.
We love you guys
Randy and Kristy Kimball

The Burrups said...

jess, thanx for the comment we miss you guys a ton. and cambrie looks so beautiful! we are so excited to come back and see her. and i heard you guys are staying longer! wuhoo. that just means more time with the merrifields! yeahh! lol. we are probably gonna get back to rexburg a couple days before school starts so around the 8th of september. we cant wait to see you guys!

brenley said...

congratulations!! gloria just reminded me of your blog and that you had another baby! cambrie is gorgeous! and her big sisters are so darling! i can't believe they're two already! i remember sitting in craig and gloria's basement and being amazed at how alike kensie and jorgen looked - i'll have to relook at see if that's still the case! i just invited you to our blog too by the way.

i also love the cute wall hanging that you made for their room - so cute!!!

HAYHAY said...

I want to see Cambrie in real life!! See is so cute. How are you guys. Has it been a good adjustment with three children?! Are you tired Jess. You are wonder woman. Keep me posted on you lives. I miss you guys:)