10.01.2008

The TERRIBLE Twos

So, I am getting very frustrated with my little children and need some advice...I am going to try to wheen them from their cribs and put them into big girl beds. Why do you ask? Well here is the incriminating evidence.
Everytime lately that they have been going down for nap lately, it takes them hours to fall asleep. Why? because they are climbing on the side rails of their cribs, taking their diapers and pullups off Kensie climbs on the chest of drawers half naked....
Gabbie turns the lights on and off like at least thirty times...
They open and close the blinds, pull and tear apart the decorations that are on the walls...

So now I have to arrange their cribs in the middle of the room away from everything so that they can't touch anything. Then they jump up an down in their beds cracking up laughing for hours. Seriously. And then all of a sudden, it will get quiet and just when you think they are settling down, you hear over the monitor, Kenise saying to Gabbie, "Dabbie, (that is what she calls her) Dabbie, wake up. Wake up." Or you will here some one crying and then you find a situation like the one below....



If anyone has tips on how to get twins to sleep in beds, please let me know.

6 comments:

The Burrups said...

jess your kids are so crazy! they crack me up! i don't know how you are surviving all the stress! you are seriously super mom! If my kids were doing all that i would be laughing so much cuz they are so dang cute but then get really frusterated! Maybe make them a sleep chart and tell them if they go to sleep at night and for their nap then they get a sticker on it and at the end of the week let them pick a prize. I am trying to think of ideas but it is really hard to think of some for twins.try getting pjs that zip and then cut the feet out and turn them around so the zipper is in the back. they won't be able to take them off that way and no more diapers taken off at night!lol! i don't know!i admire you and all that you do! i know you'll think of something! love you girl!
jen

Anonymous said...

Jess- just do what you do to will, just tell him whose boss. haha. just kidding. I like the sticker idea, knowing your girls, they will get all excited about a little sticker :) Tell them if they sleep through the night and their nap that they can come play with Auntie Morgan. hehe. love ya chicka!

Brown Family said...

Well, if they were my children I would tie them up, have them drink a little some Benadryl, throw them in the cribs and call it a night!

Sam said...

I found your blog link on Abby's and couldn't help but look. Wow! life with twins is crazy! I don't know what to tell you but laugh about it and don't get stressed, someday when they are teenagers you might actually miss this time in their lives.

Jess said...

Hey! I grew up with Will in TX. We went to church and the same school. I remember when you got pregnant around the same time I got pregnant with my second. My son just turned 2 & has weened himself from naps. Of course he is a bit of a whiny boy everyother day and just NEEDS a nap (Or I do!) But hes totally tired by the end of the day so he goes to bed like a champ! Then again my daughter has always had a hard time going to sleep. My son has always loved his bed. I dunno!

Kristy said...

I have sure loved this post Jess. The memories are all coming back to me. Randy and I locked the twins in their room because they wouldn't stay in. We sure regretted it. We heard them giggling and went upstairs. We found crap all over the room. Oh ya, Cole got it out of Corah's diaper and they were saying "poop" "poop". I did the duck tape thing too. I could go on and on. Are they potty trained? Cole got in trouble for turning on and off the light and making messes, but we found out Corah was the plotter. She would say "go Co". I hid in their room one night to hear the real truth. I am so feeling your pain, but gaully just enjoy it as much as you can. I have pages and pages of advice to give you, but I'm needing my own for my crazy Addy. The twins will be 10 next month and I wish for those days back sometimes. I sure love you and think of you often. I would love to talk to you anytime about going out with 3 kids and all. email me please kkimball1@comcast.net