6.18.2009

The Next Martha?

Just kidding...but I do wish I could be the next Martha Stewart, that would be so fun.

I saw this idea on Martha's birthday show. The flowers are just shiny cardstock and hotglue. This project was really fun with big results. The flowers are big-probably 10-12 inches. These went on the tables for the girls b-day party.




Skylar is throwing a baby shower on Saturday for a dear friend's daughter. I love the family too, so I decided to hand make the gift. It is a taggie blanket. I love it. I think it turned out really well. Good thing I have extra material just in case I need to make one for a baby boy in the future....























6 comments:

Leslie said...

SOOOO CUTE!!
Love the flowers. You picked great colors for them. I am so glad that you have time to craft. I don't know where you find it. Your blanket looks like mine.....we love the ribbons and put em' all over! It looks awesome....again, I'm a big fan of the colors and materials.

Leslie said...

And P.S. You could totally beat Martha out. Aspire higher.

:)

Anonymous said...

You ARE martha stewart! I am glad your having such a fun time in Texas. Jeff and I still look at plane tickets hoping we can come visit! maybe sometime this year?! We miss you guys and the girls SO much.

Brown Family said...

Great job, Jess! Everything you do always looks amazing!!

The Burrups said...

Those flowers are soooo cute! what a great idea! i love the taggie blanket too! We sure miss you guys!

JustLivingMYLife said...

GO YOU! :D
those flowers are awesome! and i love those blankets, i havent attempted to make one yet, but i also havent had much time to quilt! But you are awesome! :D